Do you have persistent bad breath? If so, your oral health could be in danger. Persistent bad breath, also known as halitosis, could be a warning sign that something is lurking or attacking your oral health. That is why it is crucial to discover the cause of your halitosis.
Our dentist, Dr. Kimberly Fee, cares about your oral health and is happy to help you with it. Furthermore, our team at Kimberly W. Fee DMD in Prescott, Arizona, has provided a list of ideas on what could be the cause of your halitosis troubles.
Here is a list of causes to halitosis:
– Other conditions: Other health conditions in your body such as liver problems, kidney malfunctions, and respiratory tract infections can all cause halitosis.
– Foods: Delightful foods and drinks like garlic, coffee, onions, sodas, and even teas can cause your breath to smell foul.
– Medications: Some medications that are prescribed by your doctor could cause severe adverse breath.
– Gum disease can cause your gums to stink due to the bacteria sticking to them, and this is the most common reason for halitosis.
– Tobacco: Tobacco irritates the teeth and gums severely and causes halitosis along with many other health problems.
– Cavities: Tooth decay can cause your smile to smell bad as your teeth rot if left untreated.
– Dry Mouth: Your teeth and gums need saliva to wash away the smelly foods and bacteria from your smile.
As you can see, any number of these items could cause halitosis and threaten your oral health. If you are ready to treat it, or if you need to see a dentist, please call us today at 928-778-7410 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to assist you with your oral health care needs.