Through the adventure of life, you will find yourself being faced with many obstacles. The road to here and there and back again has pitfalls for not only your physical health but your oral health as well. If you wish to ensure your teeth and gums can remain healthy throughout your lifetime, make it a point to ensure you’re eating right, using effective tools for your oral hygiene, and visiting your dentist for routine checkups. Here is a list of habits you should consider for optimum aging end dental health:
– Always make sure that when you are brushing and flossing to use the proper tools. If traditional toothbrushes and dental floss utensils are not working adequately, consider using easier to operate tools such as electric toothbrushes and water flossers.
– Exercise caution with extremely hard products that can easily chip or crack teeth. Similarly, beware of products that linger in your mouth long after consumption, especially with sticky or chewy foods.
– If you have any bad habits in your life, stop them immediately. This includes unhealthy lifestyle choices such as smoking or chewing tobacco or using drugs.
– Always set aside time for routine checkups and examinations from your dentist.
– Make sure to use cleaning products that are non-abrasive. This includes brushes with soft bristles, shred-resistant dental floss, and non-abrasive toothpaste.
– Always make sure you’re brushing your teeth twice every day and flossing once a day. For alternative cleaning methods, consider using mouthwash or other similar products.
– If you have dentures, it is important to always make sure they are taken out and cleaned daily.
Make sure to take diligent care of your aging dental health care so that your smile can last for ages. For more information about aging dental health care or to schedule a comprehensive oral examination with Dr. Kimberly Fee and our team at Kimberly W. Fee DMD, give us a call at 928-778-7410. Our dentist office is suitably located in Prescott, Arizona.