Dental fillings can eradicate cavities when done safely and effectively. With the help of our dentists at Kimberly W. Fee DMD, we can diagnose each patient’s cavities and provide expert analysis for a successful recovery. Depending on the size of the cavity, you may be able to choose which filling works best for your needs, whether it be composite fillings or dental amalgams.
Both composite fillings and dental amalgams work well to eradicate cavities, but each in their own way. Listed below are some of the advantages of each to consider:
Advantages of composites:
– Composite fillings can be customized to match the color of a tooth.
– Some cavities are too small to be effectively fixed with amalgams. Composites can go closer and deeper to fill these cavities.
– If a composite filling needs to be repaired, the original filling does not need to be removed.
– Composite fillings contain no mercury, which some individuals may be allergic to.
– Composite fillings are extremely durable and can prevent tooth fracture.
Advantages of amalgams:
– Dental amalgams have been shown to be more effective and last longer in larger cavities compared to composite fillings.
– Dental amalgams take far less time to place in the dentist’s office.
– Dental amalgams have been around for over 150 years in America with a proven record of long-term success and quality.
Kimberly W. Fee DMD wants to make your dental fillings as successful and timely as we can. You are welcome to schedule a visit to our office in Prescott, Arizona. For more information about which service suits you best, please book an oral exam with Dr. Kimberly Fee by calling our office at 928-778-7410. We look forward to fighting cavities for you!